I’m a dynamic creative director/designer and longtime lover of design thinking. I built my career telling stories through beautiful pixel perfect designs. Then I learned how to build and ship a project built by cross-functional teams. I shine at making complex challenges simple. I believe that good design balances human needs, technology opportunities, and business requirements.
I enjoy obsessing over details and refining to pixel perfection.
Creative Director | August 2015 - Present
• Manage relationships with clients, guiding them through the design thinking process.
• Propel brand differentiation and raise the bar on brand storytelling with measurable results.
• Collaborate with clients, project managers, creatives, engineers, and cross-functional teams to provide feedback and ensure design integrity of projects.
Brand Strategy | May 2016 - Present
• Align innovation, strategy and creative with client/business requirements.
• Help other leaders and companies set their path, define and grow their brand, and bring product and services to market.
• Create integrated campaigns and brand activations that shift perception and creatively elevated client products.
Visual Designer | June 2007 - Present
• Set the bar above current design trends and styles during the initial ideation/design.
• Design dynamic branded campaigns, websites, emails, landing pages, and animated banners across multiple devices.
• Plan, create and implement a design language and systems consistent throughout a brand, product, app or ui platform.
Product Designer | June 2016 - Present
• Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and the specifics of user-centered design process.
• Quickly iterate on concepts to bring them to life.
• Partner with PMs, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception to final delivery of product.
Interaction Designer | June 2012 - Present
• Collaborate with the clients, PMs, front-end developers, and engineers to solve design problems and create flexible, intuitive and scalable UI and UX solutions.
• Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and site maps to effectively communicate initial interaction and design ideas.
• Effectively communicate design choices & direction to clients by incorporating and articulating design principles which balance the users' needs.
Digital Illustrator | June 2010 - Present
• Illustrate modern 2D characters.
• Design 2D and 3D logos, icons and graphics.
Motion Designer | June 2017 - Present
• Pitch visual narratives and storylines and concept storyboards for clients.
• Design and animate 2D and 3D logos, title sequences, Instagram Stories, lyric videos, and presentation decks.
• Design interactive interfaces animated transitions and onboarding for desktop & mobile apps.
Content Creator | June 2017 - Present
• Create original visual and motion content for multiple platforms.
• Work with clients and researchers to create unique original content that aligns with client, b2c, or b2b products, and the brand voice.
• Use content audits to analyze and improve posting strategy.
Client List: Earnin, BeautyCon, Nike Lab LA, Super Deluxe, Virgin Records, Vice Media, RCA Records, Tesla, Belkin, Speedo, Okayplayer, and DanceOn.
• Led the design team to help define the future of “Solutionist” storytelling.
• Provided oversight and led design points of view across marketing, digital, web, social and events.
• Drove design quality, practice, and offerings that met business, user, and event goals.
• Designed visual narratives and systems applied across all aspects of EQ.
• Drove design innovation that spoke to the market, community, and industry in positive visual solutions.
• Fostered a design-oriented atmosphere by providing career guidance and performance decisions for members of the EQ Design Team.
• Provided directional oversight of individual project team's work and assumed overall accountability for it.
• Made sure all deadlines were met with all work completed to EQ’s requirements.
• Provided UX capabilities: wireframes, flows, information architecture, etc.
• Executed all design stages of vemba.com's public website relaunch, from concept through final handoff to engineering.
• Evolved designs for the Vemba “Share” product feature (a tool for creators) into a Sharing Suite (tools for enterprise), across desktop and mobile app.
• Re-designed the UI and interactions of an acquired mobile app (Epoxy Social) to align with Vemba’s brand & products.
• Designed UI and visuals for a partner-branded video playlist landing page.
• Created UI sketches, flows, wireframes, and prototypes across desktop and mobile.
• Researched user stories needed to develop and design new features within the Vemba product.
• Established a cohesive visual identity of Vemba's rebrand; from product to all enterprise facing and social marketing materials.
• Led the refresh of epoxy.tv.'s public website. Collaborated with the front-end developer to further simplify the user flow and design into a microsite, post-acquisition.
• Conducted user research and evaluated user feedback to identify opportunities for improvements within Epoxy’s product features.
• Redesigned the “Share” product feature on Epoxy’s Desktop platform. Designed the mobile app version, concept to completion.
• Crafted wireframes, user flows, site maps, interface mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas within the Epoxy Platform and mobile app.
• Refreshed and maintained Epoxy’s best practices and brand guidelines.
• Designed marketing initiatives informed by extensive user research.
• Designed all of Epoxy’s shareable product assets. Efforts increased feature usage by 58% one month after implementation.
• Coproduced short-format documentaries, featuring YouTubers. This entailed filming, story research, designing visual assets and marketing materials, and production needs.
• Provided professional photography services and retouching. Talent, marketing, product and social photo shoots.
• Created content across Epoxy’s social media outlets. Graphics, motion graphics illustrations, 3D renders and product/community photography.
• One of four designers to relaunch murad.com's eCommerce sites in three months, focused on clean design and improved performance (4x faster).
• Collaborated with engineers and marketing teams to create eCommerce sites, micro and mini-sites, blogs, web banners and email blasts.
• Improved conversion rates with page restructure by 30%.
• Created product renders for eCommerce site and campaigns.
• Designed supporting materials for international promotions and product sales.
• Worked alongside Murad’s social media manager to establish content strategies around campaigns.
• Completed social aspects of Murad’s product photography from staging and taking photographs to editing.
• Designed and edited motion graphics for series titles, maps, stats, blog posts and social media assets.
• Implemented workflow guidelines of backing up footage and output processes of archiving projects.
• Performed color grading and compositing to render brand-on shots.
• Scouted locations for photo shoots.
• Assisted with indoor/outdoor photo and video shoots: rigging, testing lights, lens settings and focus.
• Worked closely with producers, clients, and the Vice Team to manage a high volume of creative requests.
• Created marketing campaigns that broadened in-store customer reach, identified their needs and increased overall profitability.
• Developed and maintained revenue driven strategies around unique promotions and weekly 3rd party advertising.
• Managed weekly bookings of coop ads with partners, vendors, and publications.
• Curated and managed the events calendar, representative of international music, movies and cultural experiences in every genre.
• Co-hosted community and industry events while prominently representing and preserving Amoeba Music’s unique integrity.
• Booked and hosted live in-store performances, release date signings, Q&A’s and DJ sets of all calibers.
• Liaised directly with talent reps, music labels and studios regarding promotions and logistics; from stage production to event marketing.
• Communicated with Amoeba buyers, suppliers, and distributors to plan product range and stock quantities around advertising, events, and promotions.
• Worked closely with floor managers to establish best practices of product positioning: displays, featured showcases, end-caps and impulse buys.
• Managed two teams (3 to 4 people each) between both Bay area locations.